Horgans Delicatessen Supplies Ltd Privacy Statement
On the 25th of May 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will legally take effect. Below explains what our policy covers as well as how we will or will not utilise same.
In a nutshell, the information we store and use is to enable ongoing business relations – to facilitate trading and general correspondence with your employees. Our information systems backup and store all information in a secure on and off-site environment which only Horgans Delicatessen Supplies Limited can access.
Horgans Delicatessen Supplies ltd (Registered in Ireland: Company Registration Number 82312). All information related to corporate data must be managed through institutional channels ensuring company data protection and security, respect and professional confidentiality and information.
Horgans Delicatessen Supplies ltd are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy in everything we do. Our Policy lets you know what data we may collect about you, how we use it and gives you information about your rights and how you can get in touch with us.
Guidelines below cover how we handle your information when you contact us through our respective business operation teams and other core uses of your data that help us complete our business transactions.
Information We Collect
In order for us to process business transactions we collect customer and supplier registered company details which will include name and contact details (such as email, physical address and telephone numbers, VAT number, banking details). In certain instances, we may also collect additional names and contact details (as per above) dependent on customer or supplier services required: these will include multiple delivery sites, for example.
Why We Collect Personal Information About You
Where We Have an Obligation as a Provider of Horgans Delicatessen Supplies Limited Products and Services (for the ‘performance of a contract’)
To provide you with the product or service that you have purchased from us and to maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer.
Where We Have Your Permission (‘consent’)
- To provide you with news, offers and deals – you can change your ‘consent’ at any time
- To provide you with financial transaction documentation relevant to any and all business transactions (consent as per completed company credit application forms)
Where We Have Justifiable Reason (‘legitimate interests’)
- To enhance or improve your experience with us
- To put your information together with other customer’s data and external non-personal information so that we may better understand our market through analysis and segmentation to ensure that we keep offering competitive products and services
- To allow our internal business processes to function- for example transacting with our partners, carrying out audits, producing management information and dealing with complaints
- To undertake market research
- To request feedback on our performance
- To help prevent fraud and maintain security
- To assist in training, quality assurance and compliance
Where We Have To Do Something By Law (‘legal obligation’)
- To ensure your rights are met under the Irish Data Protection Act
- To meet our obligations with law enforcement agencies, courts and other organisations
- To comply with anti-money laundering regulations
In Exceptional Circumstances (‘vital interests’)
- We may use your information in rare situations where vital interest of yourself or another person needs protecting
Who We Share Your Information With?
We do not sell your information to anyone and only pass it to our trusted partners and service providers who work with us to run our business.
We May Pass Your Information to-
- Service providers who work for Horgans Delicatessen Supplies ltd.
- Subsidiary companies who work with us in providing services
- Regulatory bodies, courts and law enforcement agencies
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
How long we keep your personal information depends on why we have it and what we are doing with it-
- We keep records of any dealings you have with us so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that may arise
- We will keep other personal information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law
We securely erase your information once it is no longer needed.
Transferring Information Outside Of the EEA
Your personal information may be processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) where privacy laws may not provide protection to the same level as in Ireland. Before any transfer takes place, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information will be adequately protected as required by the Irish Data Protection Act and that safeguards such as standard contractual clauses are in place.
Your Rights & Choices
The following section explains your rights. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications. We will grant your request only to the extent that it follows from our assessment of your request that we are allowed and required to do so under data protection laws. Nothing in this statement is intended to provide you with rights beyond or in addition to your rights as a data subject under data protection laws.
Direct Marketing– You have the right to object to direct marketing.
Consent- Where we use your information on this basis, you have the right to withdraw that consent
Access– You can request a copy of your personal information we hold about you and other data relating to how we use your information
Correction (‘Right to Rectification’)- We always want to use the most up to date information about you so please get in touch if you think we don’t have that.
Deletion (‘Right to be Forgotten’) – In some circumstances, including where we are relying on your consent to use your data, you have the right to request us to delete your information
Right to Portability– If we have collected your data because you have given us consent, or because we need it in order to provide you with a product or service (under a contract), you have the right to receive information you gave to us back in a ‘machine-readable’ format
‘Right to Object’ and ‘Right to Restriction of Processing’– If we are using your data for activities under the ‘legitimate interest’ justification and in other circumstances, then you have a right to request restriction of processing and also a right to object to that processing
Right to Obtain Human Intervention– Where automated processing has taken place where consent has been given or under a contract where the processing has a legal or similarly significant effect
Complain– You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think that our use of your information doesn’t meet the law. For more information, visit the ICO website
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We’ve implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss
We will take and continue to take all reasonable and proportionate steps to protect your personal information
Directors: Michael Horgan, Maura Horgan, Edward Horgan, Paul Horgan
Registered in Ireland. Registered No. 82312